Immigration Lawyer Windsor
A country, like an owner, needs to know who all are staying in and who are moving out of it. So, to manage people settling in and shifting out of the geographical boundaries of a country, there are some rules and regulations set up by the country itself.
These national statutes, legal precedents and regulations governing deportation from and immigration into a country are combinedly referred to as immigration laws.
Though it sounds the same, yet it is very different from matters like citizenship and naturalization.
Every country frequently modifies the laws to regulate the entry and exit rights, internal rights such as freedom of movement, duration of stay and the right of participation in government or commerce.
Similarly, Windsor to maintains its own laws as immigration laws vary from country to country and also according to the political and social climate of all times.
However, every country is bound to allow entry to its own citizens, and for others, it differs.
Top 5 Immigration Lawyers in Windsor
1. Kadri Law
2. Jason Currie immigration law
3. Fernandes Law
4. Scarfone Law Firm
Address: 1500 Ouellette Ave. Suite 400, Windsor, ON N8X 1K7
Phone: 519-252-1453 | 1-888-717-8886
Read More & Appointment>
5. Akram Law
Immigration Lawyer Windsor
Immigration laws are highly tangled, and it needs a professional lawyer to take you out of this mess if any day you get complex.
Understanding these laws and doing the requirements is not possible for a normal person who hasn’t dealt with such laws before.
This is why you need to hire a professional lawyer to seek the best legal advice before it is too late.
Why do you need to see a professional immigration lawyer?
- Immigration laws are not easy to understand. Even modest mistakes in green card application or in visa application or the proof provided to support the immigration application can simply outright denials and deportation. If not so, it can definitely lead to years-long delays.
- Professional lawyers interpret the law and let you know your own strategies and possibilities according to your rights. They guide you through the entire journey of complicated immigration.
- To avoid further delays, they do the complete required paperwork on your behalf. This not only saves time but also avoids mistakes that you could have possibly made. Also, they help you stay organised about the documents that you need to collect from your side.
- A professional immigration lawyer very well knows what to expect from the government. So, he will help you minimise inevitable delays and will make sure your application is too simple to be held up on legal technicalities.
- The most important part of your immigration process is the documents that you present. An attorney makes sure the provided information while preparing statements or collecting documents or filling out forms is not only correct but also clear and consistent. You need to make the officer trust your story, so you can’t present a different story on different papers.
How to get an immigration lawyer?
A good attorney can make all the difference to your case. Finding an immigration lawyer in Windsor is not really tough, but you need to be extra careful to make sure you deal with an excellent one.
So here we mention a few tips that you should keep in mind while looking for an immigration lawyer:
- Know that visa consultants and petition preparers are NOT lawyers. As you cannot ask a doctor to repair a machine or an engineer to replace your heart valve, you cannot ask a non-lawyer to handle your case. So, make sure you’re dealing with a real practicing lawyer.
- Find about your lawyer online (you can probably get a lot there). Whether or not he is listed as a member of AILA or a state bar association.
- Do not trust lawyers who make illegal offers. If the lawyer himself is giving unethical advice or illegal offers, how can he help you with legal issues? The problem is if you get caught, you’ll be in more trouble than the attorney itself.
What does it mean to be a legal immigrant?
The instances where a non-resident alien is permitted to live in a country legally under Permanent Resident Status are called legal immigration. People entering a country through such legal immigration are called legal immigrants.
The permanent resident status is granted to a person for several avenues like marriage, family-based or employment-based visas, or asylum status.
Achieving this status is the main step towards permanent citizenship. There are people who start with a temporary visa, spend some time in the country and then get their residency status changed.
Illegal immigration is a serious crime and is highly disrespectful for a person. This can result in various consequences like a ban on re-entry in the future, criminal case or deportation. For non-citizens who wish to maintain a good residency status evaluation, legal immigration is essential.
So, this is when you need a professional lawyer so that you get help with your immigration issues.
How much does an immigration attorney cost?
You can visit and consult the immigration lawyer. However, their charges are as per 30 minutes or also hourly. Most cases require consultation of at least an hour or above.
This is why almost all the immigration attorneys charge an hourly rate.
Now, this hourly rate differs but you can consider an average of $150 to $200 per hour.
However, few lawyers charge a set fee for a complete case. From the beginning of consultation to settling in, it covers all in that fees.
Just pay him once and get your entire process done. This alternative might be costly sometimes but is highly effective. What such a situation would cost depends on the time commitments and the type of services required.
Employment authorization application: $250- $500
Naturalization or citizenship application: $500- $1,200
Employment-based Green card petitions: $1,500- $5,000
Family-based Green card petitions: $800- $1,500
Asylum application: $1,000- $3,000
Status adjustment application: $600- $1,200
Deportation defence: $2,000- $10,000
Not exactly this, but the above-mentioned are the estimates of costs of most searched immigration cases. There might be some divergence but not too much.
This is just to give you an idea about how much immigration attorney costs.